Monday, October 31, 2005

When I first stepped into the clinic
Dr Chow asked me into the room
"I need you to help me hold the baby's head.."
I was still unsure what he was trying to do
Coz I dont even know what happened
Then I realised the baby had a fall
The back of her head had a deep cut
& bled profusely

I put on my gloves & held the head firmly
As Dr Chow injected lidocaine
The baby cried out loudly
"Ym, you're very firm at holding the head. Very good"

10 minutes later
The baby entered the room again
Was asked to go in again
Dr Chow brought out the surgurical instruments
& did stitchings on the baby
3 stitches for the flesh
5 stitches on the outer skin
The baby cried until out of sound
& I was still holding firmly on the baby's head
So scared it'll move around
& affect the stitching

At the last stitch
I suddenly felt giddy
I saw white spots
Something wasnt right
I thought my body had been too stiff & too concentrated on holding the baby
& I moved abit
But it got worse
I felt real heavy on my head
I almost couldnt see anything with all the spots appearing in my eyes
I wanted to stay awhile longer
& waited for the last stitch to complete
But I thought I shouldnt risk people's life at this moment
I'm supposed to help save life!

"Dr Chow, I dont feel that well..."
"Go take a rest and ask Alice to take over..."

I staggered out with the remaining strength
& collapsed on the chair
Cold sweats rolled down my forehead
Alice said I was cold and looked pale
I rested my head for a while on the counter before my normal vision recovered
& continued my work at the counter

My 1st time assisting a doctor on surgery
I wasnt scared of blood
But I was really surprised I got unwell at the very last moment

I spoke to Mala over SMSes
She said maybe due to shock & I wasnt prepared for it
Erm, true
I was called in as soon as I entered the clinic
Haven even sit down!

I spoke to Dr Chow
He said maybe I was too intensed and focused that I didnt move my body
Which also happened to him during his marches in NS
Somemore the baby's crying was pretty much annoying
"I'm glad you tell me you didnt feel well. Some staffs didnt even wanna tell & the next thing that happened is them lying on the floor..."
"Oh... coz I'm afraid it'll affect the stitchings..."
"No.. dont worry. It's you whom we're more concerned with...Dont want our staff to have work accident..hahaha"

-_-
Dr Chow still can laugh sia

I spoke to Er ge
He said it's normal to feel this way
Usually at first nothing but then will become dazed
He said I'm scared of blood

I AM NOT!
*stubborn frown*

Eh...
Oh well...
At least I didnt puke out my dinner

No comments: