Tuesday, December 13, 2005

I've always dislike NUS
Dont ask why
I just dislike NUS
Probably coz of its snobbish reputation?
I dont give a damn

But today
She gave me additional reason to my dislike

I had an interview at RMBR this afternoon
As an education officer
How the advertisement portraited the position is as followed:
"The successful applicant must have at least a diploma degree, preferably with a marine background. He/she must have good organisational skills, be responsible, have an outgoing personality, be able to work independently, enjoy working outdoors, and be able to work with adults and children. He/she will be required to organise and coordinate public walks in nature areas, as well as conduct education workshops, both locally and overseas. Some research work on local biodiversity might be involved.
Other qualities to consider: able to drive; willing to learn; able to use basic internet and office software
"

Very well, I see myself as a suitable candidate
Everything suits me
Other than the ability to drive an automobile
Thus, my initiative to apply

When I met with the correspondent
The whole thing went wrong
What she described to me is totally different from what she advertised
& she kept asking me if I am able to teach

My response
"I've little teaching experience and my previous encounters with kids was being a mentor..."
She cut in
"But kids nowadays are very different and we really need people who can teach..."

Fine
I admit I dont have teaching experiences
But so?
It doesnt mean I cant learn to teach
& neither did the advertisement said anything about teaching in the first place

She asked
"How well do you think you can teach the public if you're being offered this job?"
My reply
"I've been to some trips to the shores with the WildFilms and knew some of the guides and I've seen them teaching the public about the creatures we saw on shores..."
She cut in
"WildFilms dont really teach and the guidings are just not as good...(blah blah blah)"

Of coz I know WildFilms dont really teach
She didnt listen to me carefully...
& What about guiding?
I cant imagine she actually say that...
RMBR is involved in the Semakau guided walks too!
Some of our members are involved!
How can she say that?
Luckily she didnt know I'm part of them...

She asked
"Let's say we required a group of volunteers to help out with some teachings... how are you going to do so?"
My reply
"I'll post a notice on the internet since it's the most widespread form of communication nowadays and would also request them to send a resume........"
She cut in, AGAIN!
& said
"Resume is just the first cut but it doesnt mean anything. One can write a very good resume but when asked about it, they dont know anything..."

I was very disgusted
I haven finished talking & she cut in most of the time
Grrrr
I was so pissed that I had a change of mind

What is this man?
The most irritating thing she said was...
"NUS is a very high profile, educated centre and we really need people who can contribute, know their stuffs really well, able to teach the public and work for the large-scaled projects... (blah blah blah)"

Have I not?
I spoke to scientists
Taught my juniors about astronomy during Science week in Secondary school
Involved in national and regional projects before
But
I wasnt given a chance to present myself
To speak about what I'd gained through the experiences and knowledges
& how I can contribute myself
& all I was being bombarded is
CAN I TEACH?

Hey
That advertisement is so 'hang sheep's head sell dog's meat' loh (diao yang tou mai gou rou)
You want someone who can teach?
Grab a NIE graduate then!
Although the advertisement read 'willing to learn'
Why do they sound until they dont wanna give chance to people who cant but are eager & willing to learn?
Everyone doesnt born with the specific talents

*spit*

Implication?
I'm not what they want
But it's ok
Neither do I want them
Perception?
NUS is a snob

& now
All I wanna do is to fly down to Sabah
Have an interview with Scubazoo even if it isnt promising that I could get the job
But since they replied and offered an alternative to Maldives
It's worthed a chance
& meanwhile
Make it a short getaway and an exploration trip to see the endangered proboscis monkey and smell the smelly rafflesia
Kill 2 birds with 1 stone!
How cool!
If finance permits
Dive at Sipadan...
*thumbs up up & up*

Think of Scubazoo just makes me happy
=D

I've gotten an invitation to go for this Victoria's Secret lingerie sale this coming weekend
Up to 90% & additional 5% for UOB Debit cardholders
Any interestee?
I can bring 2 guests along
& I've already gotten 1 guest with me
Wooooooo
So sexciting
I've always wanted to get a Victoria's secret dress & chemise
>_<

It's gonna be a sexy Christmas

No comments: