Monday, July 18, 2005

Yesterday at work was pretty scary
Crowd started immediately after 8pm
Think got about 10 patients in an hour
This isnt the worst

An emergency case arrived
An indian worker hurt his head
Bleeding
& the doc had to see him thrice to get his stitches down
While trying to rotate other patients for consulation

Second emergency case arrived
A girl was pulled by her friends into the clinic
She cut her wrist
She refused treatment
She refused to go home

When I saw the patient
I was shocked
I'm sorry that I'm so unprofessional
But I couldnt help it
That girl is one of my schoolmates

As I was searching her medical card
The number kept floating off
& I had to get back to the computer & enforced it in my mind
I couldnt count the numbers correctly
I told myself
"Calm down..."
But my heart just kept pounding like some orgasmic dogs

I think she saw me
She hid behind her boyfriend
I pretended I didnt see her nor recognise her
But it's impossible
We waved to each other in a shopping mall in January

Her boss entered the clinic as well
She told me that she isnt stable mentally
& requested for emergency
I thought:"Geez... really??"

The thing about her is that
During school
She had been known as a weirdo by everyone
She is really weird
She tore off my friend's t-shirt while playing catching
& sticks (literally) to the guys she likes
But
Never did I realised that she is REALLY mentally unstable till she can cut herself!

I couldnt bring myself to tease her anymore
I felt bad
Coz I'd been one of the 'bullies' who teased her behind her back all the time
I sympathised her
Now

The scary thing during my shift isnt the blood I saw
It's that schoolmate of mine
She cut her wrist for no reason under her mentally unstable mind

When I reached home
I called Dear to talk about it
He knows her too
& both of us couldnt speak more than anything
We were in shock

I couldnt sleep last night
Kept thinking about what had happened
It seem dramatic
But I could understand

Up till now
I'm still thinking of it...
Life's so unpredictable

No comments: