Thursday, August 25, 2005

Yesterday
I went to buy roasted meat dried noodles for lunch down my block
Just felt like eating it
Coz I missed the breakfast that Ria bought for us last week
*yummy*
When I was there
All 5 male attendants kept looking at me...
I wondered if my denim shorts were too short
& Shucks
I on my 'tiko alert'
I placed my order & requested to return few minutes later
While I went to buy my popiah
But Popiah Auntie never opened =((
So I walked back
The 5 men kept smiling to each other
I felt abit...annoyed
The cashier took my money, looked at me & smiled at me
I smiled back
Then he asked
"Xiao jie, you had your lunch liao?"
.
.
.
.
.
.
His friends laughed
I laughed
Of coz haven lah! Ate liao still buy for fun?
His friend said:"You siao ah, asked this kinda question made people laugh, of coz haven eat lah!"
Cashier said:"Like that then can make her laugh mah!"
& turned to me said
"Xiao jie, you look prettier when you smile"
His friends beside all went "yah yah, really"

......................

I didnt speak much
As cool as iceberg still, only with a short warm smile

Funny sia
First time encounter such incident
First time my appearance is appreciated by outsiders
First time my solemn look is brightened by a joke for that mere few seconds

I chatted with my Mum after she reached home from work
& I told her I wanna go Malaysia work
Her first reaction?
"YOU SIAO AH YOU! PEOPLE FROM MALAYSIA COME SINGAPORE WORK, YOU GO THERE WORK FOR WHAT? ONE GIRL GO! SO DANGEROUS! LATER LET PEOPLE RAPE ALSO DONNO!"
Heehee
I just knew she'll react this way
But if it's my dad, he'll surely say
"GO! Go get experience! You cant forever stay SG one"
Bleah..
The difference in the thinking between female & male
Female - safety comes first
Male - money comes first
But... actually
Really lah
I saw a job opening in WWF-Malaysia, dealing with the conservation of marine turtles
Fit my scope of studies exactly leh!
Very hesitating...
'Graduate with a degree in environment science, preferrably with freshwater/coastal ecology'
Fuck!
That's mine mah!!!
But sadly
One of their requirements are
'Must be able to spoke & write both Melayu & English'
Knn lah
Aku tak tahu melayu lahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
=(((((
Fated to be jobless

But I think sometimes they can go lenient with their requirements too right?

At work at night
Mala let me do the dispensing
Not very confident but I still managed it
Only 16 patients for the night
Got this old lady came in with her son & her grandson
Old lady speak Hokkien, I dont understand
Her son translated & spoke in English & Mandarin
Had hard time communicating but I was quite patient with it
Told her that she has to suck this lozenges
& she kept asking:"can eat or not?"
Then I said in Mandarin
"Ze ge yao han, bu ke yi yao" (this one must suck, cant bite)
Then the son asked:"What is 'han'?"
*bangs head*
I thought he knows english!!
Suck! Suck!! Suck!!!
She requested me to write the dosage of her medication in chinese
But sadly... I donno how to write
& her grandson took over
Shucks!
Xia suay!!
I cant remember how to write 'flu' in chinese!!
The old lady's son asked:"You donno how to write?"
I replied:"sorry, forgotten how to"
*bangs head*
But her grandson also donno how to write 'cough' & 'phlegm'
So we were even
LOL!

No patient for the night for entire 2 hours
So sian
I even SMS-ed people ask if they sick or not
So can come clinic see doc & keep me accompanied
BWHAHAHHAHAHA *evil*
A kid with extreme high fever came in at 1155pm
5 mins before closing
The father apologised for delaying our closing time
No no, dont worry
The duty of doctor is to save lives
There's nothing to apologise about

Wow
I sounded like a nurse for that slight moment
Probably can take up part time nursing course

I forsee $150 in my salary this month
& I can go diving in October already!!
Yeah~

No comments: