Monday, August 15, 2005

I'm back from my Open Water Dive!!!
I had a very enjoyable weekend despite several injuries
& I got to see my favourite fish!
Plus lots & lots of photos to upload

Day 1
All Open Water Divers gathered at the dive shop to wait for our transportation
Pat & I at the dive shop. Hee.
So excited
We boarded the bus to Malaysia at 8pm
Reached Malaysia at around 9plus & had our dinner
The diving instructors

It took us 3hours to reach Mersing jetty
& 4 hours to reach Dayang by boat
That is approximately 5am when we touched land
Shiok

The stars in the dark dark sky in early mornings are damnnnnnnnnnn beautiful
They appeared like white shining dots with blue rings surrounding
Woooooo
If only Lewis Dear was there

Dive 1 - Telok Teluran, Pulau Aur
Our first dive is at 945am
=D
Woke up all excited
Only to see bad weather coming
Bloody grey clouds
But we still headed for our site nonetheless
My dive gears

Water was clear
& all of us were to descend one by one
However
I couldnt
I couldnt equalise my ears
& I left my buddy underwater while I was back on the boat
I was sooooooooooooo demoralised
I cried when Genecia hugged me
Coz....
I thought..
My dream of going underwater was gonna shattered
Martin came to speak to me, told me to cheer up & tried during the next dive
So did Ziyao
Sigh...
But I still looked like shit
& I wasted one precious dive

I was so lousy

Dive 2 - Telok Jawa, Pulau Aur
Martin, the dive instructor, became my buddy
He asked me to descend first so he can help me with the equalising
Finally
I made it!!
Although my ears hurt bit at times
But I was able to go underwater!
The moment I was down
I saw my favourite fish - Bumphead parrotfish!!!!!!
I squeezed Martin's hand to show him
Weeeeeeeeeeeee~~~
So happy
& then we swam forward

Someone from above pushed me down & I hit the corals
Damn
Ascended few minutes later to stop bleeding
& it hurt pretty badly in seawater
Martin congratulated me for being to descend finally
Yeah~~

Dive 3 - Pulau Lang, Pulau Aur
The water's visibility wasnt that good
Probably coz it's low tide at that time
Saw many wrasses, chromis & damelfishes
Corals were badly destroyed
Hmmmmm...

We surfaced & packed our gears
& returned to Pulau Dayang at evening
Cleaned up & had dinner
Wooooo...satay
& we took loads of pictures
A group photo
Me & my ex-buddy. LOL. The abandoned one. =x
Us with Martin doing the 'Kawaii' pose...........

Had a good night
Coz the people were funny
& I was halfway fulfiling my mermaid dream already

Day 2
Dive 4 - Sebukang Bay, Pulau Aur
We woke up at 6am for our morning dive
Cold
The waves were damn choppy
We did our CESA & then went for leisure dives
Marvellous!
A school of chromis swam in front of me
Territorial wrasses chasing away damelfishes
Parrotfishes foraging
Saw 3 species of nudibranches
A juvenile sweetlip that wriggles like floating seaweed
A stonefish camouflaging under a rock
A school of seabreams
Several groupers
Woooooooooooooooo~~ Marvellous!!!
Martin broke us a good news
He said we all had graduated!
YEAHHHHHHH~
Which means
I passed the course & gonna have my license soon!!

Ahhhhh...
My dream was fulfilled

Dive 5 - Aur tip, Pulau Aur
We had our breakfast & took some photos before we proceed
& I look extremely happy
Me & Gene
Me & Martin
=D

The water was so damn clear in the morning

Our last dive
This time
Martin said we couldnt hold hands
Ok
& I managed to dive on my own
Until I got caught by the current
Which brought me higher & higher to the surface
& not going forward
Martin then quickly rescued me
=x
We were given bread to feed fishes
Wooooooooooo
All the fishes came
But I couldnt see my bumphead parrotfish for one final time....
We did a safety stop
But I have no idea if I'm stationary or that everyone is moving around
We still made it anyway
I got stung by a jellyfish on my right leg near my wound though
OUCH!!!!
Martin helped to remove it
Yikessssssss

Sadly
We had to leave
=(
On the boat
Mischevious Martin played prank on Lye
He put toothpaste on his face & inserted potato chips into his shorts. LOL!!!

We reached Mersing at 4pm
& plus another 3hours bus ride back to Singapore
Jam at second link
*DUHZ*
We took a group photo before we separated

It was a very very nice trip
Got to go underwater
Saw my bumphead parrotfish
Able to equalise my ears, which is the the best achievements I had
Made new friends
Saw beautiful stars
Bumpy & long boat ride to Mersing
Initial-D like bus ride back SG
*thumbs up*

Probably after getting my official license
I'll be conquering Pulau Tioman
Woooooo
Coz Ziyao told me he saw 15 bumpheads parrotfish swimming together!
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
& he asked me if I'm interested in the reef check at Dayang end of this month
Cool!

For now
I declared myself a licensed mermaid!
But under probation
Haha..

*winks*

No comments: