Wednesday, January 11, 2006

I hate my life now
Really sucky
With Mum crying all day long
Making the weather so nice to sleep
I only wake up at around 1pm everyday

Yes
I have no day job

But I'm not proud of that
It makes me feel utterly useless after studying so much yet being jobless in the day

I work night shifts
Sometimes when I'm free/feel like it, I cover people shifts
Even when my colleague gave me the slightest request of asking me to cover for her for 1/2hr just because she wanna visit one of our colleagues who had given birth
I almost agreed to it
But when requests are getting too overboard
I'm getting very pissed off

My roster looks sucky to me, now
It was scheduled without asking if I want it or not
Coz basically I was assumed to be free almost every day
But I have my own social activities
Like gatherings, meetups, WildFilms...

Yes
Now
I can no longer meet my friends on weekends coz I'm working & they're NOT
I can no longer join my brothers at meetups every Friday
I can no longer go shooting with WildFilms at selected days coz tides are no longer in dawn

I never really worked on weekdays
& now I'm working like 4 week- nights
Fine
I ever said I dont wanna work on Fridays
Now I am scheduled on every Friday
Fine
I used to say I either work on weekdays or weekends
But I'm now scheduled both
Fine
Best is, every shifts end at 12am
Making me rush for the last bus, if I'm fortunate
Having nobody kind enough to have dinner/supper with me at that wee hours
& also making me unable to see my Dad's face at the end of everyday!

Frankly speaking
I haven seen my Dad for 1 whole week
I know he peeps at me while I'm sleeping
& purposely asks me stupid question when I'm obviously not responding
I want to show my face personally to him at least once!
So he may not think that I'm actually off somewhere else havoc-ing till very late nights & using work as an excuse
I also haven been eating good for a week
1 meal a day sounds so slimming
Which in fact it is not
When you only have Ruffles to eat after you reach home
Sometimes when I'm lucky, I may find 1 or 2 bananas on the fruit dish
Or Sometimes when I'm extremely lucky, I may have Mee Siam for supper!
Or not so lucky... when Mee Siam is sold out...

Whatever

Today
Normal routine
Woke up at 130pm
Mum's tears almost flooded my room
& no one was helpful enough to close the windows for me
Checked my emails, played with Momo, dilly-dally
Until I recieved my first call of the day at 415pm
For some apparent standard reason, my S300 died
Call diverted to house phone without caller ID

"Wei, why haven come?"
"Huh? Come where? You who?"
"Serene!"
"Which Serene?"
"You're supposed to come to work at 4pm you know?"
"HUH? But my roster sheet said 6pm leh..."
"But here wrote 4pm leh..."
"Hurrrrrrrr...Aiyah, ok lah, I come down now..."


YEahhhh~~
Selamat Hari Raya Haji!!!

My roster was changed without notification

I donno if Dr Wong noticed my absence for the 1/2hr
But he didnt smile when I showed myself at his sliding door
Oh well
I havent hit the late-comers quota yet
So
I should be safe
*grins*

Sigh
I just dont understand
Why always ask me to cover her or her or her or not?
Why are my shifts always ending at 12am?
Why other people can leave at 11pm?
I hate working alone after 11pm
Because that's when stupid patients who are almost dying from their illness always rushed to consult
HELLO?
If you're almost dying
You dont expect your life to be saved at the very last stage ok?!
Why do you bring your kids who is having fever at 39.8deg C at 1150pm?
Why do you consult when you've been vomitting and having diarrohea for 3 days at 1155pm?
Always make me leave at 1215 or even later, depending on how long-winded the doctor is
Obviously having no more Last Bus for me to catch!
I dont wish to call my friends to pick me up although they have a car & living near
But by the time they arrive, I would have jogged home already
But...
There're tikos out there lurking for young girls like me *ahem* as preys ok!

But so far
I haven try walking home yet
*cross fingers*

In a sense
Clinic assitants 'save' people
We work alongside with the doctors to assist patients' medical help
But DONT take us for granted
When we explained to you what medicine is for what & you dont jot it down, called back to ask & we explained again, dont say we never explain in the 1st place
When we said you cant buy the medicine over the counter coz it's a doctor-prescribed medicine, dont say we are rude
When we said there's no patient at the time you called to enquire but upon arrival, there are 4 patients in the queue, dont say we lie
& you know what I wanna say?

knnbccb

2 more shifts
& I'm going to have a good weekend
I'm equipped with good tolerance
Just 2 more nights...

No comments: