Saturday, January 14, 2006

HKU is such a chore
I'd recieved my Uni cert already
But they said the handling fee could not process coz my Dad's credit card had expired
Fine
So now I have to pay again
I searched for the application form with payment slip online
But I supposed they'd removed the link
Ok then
So I emailed the co-respondent where should I mail the cheque to
Since HKU has so many different departments with different address within the campus
Then I thought it may be useful for me to obtain a testimonial too
& so I went to search for the form
But when I look at it
Damn
It reads
"Note: It must be your own credit card"
......

I dont have a credit card!

I read further
It didnt mention about any cheque
But bank drafts made in HK dollars
*frowns*

Why the chore?

The other time I made bank drafts
The officer refused to process my application
coz my signature differs from my bank book
Aiyah
That time still young mah
Anyhow signed
Sadly during applying for the bank draft
I couldnt sign my name the 'kiddo' way
& I pled & pled that it was very important
& they finally closed-one-eye-opened-one-eye to process

I then told myself I'll never touch my UOB account ever since

But I lied
After I applied my UOB debit mini card
BWHAHAHAAHAHA
Still amazingly
They allowed my payment to process even with the 'wrong' signature
Hmmmm...

Ok ok
For my re-payment of my Uni cert
My Dad gave HKU SGD$10
Yikes
Looks so awful on a Citibank cheque
& I commented:"Huh? SG dollar? Ten?"
Dad replied:"Inclusive of tips. Currency rate is 4.7 loh"

True
HKU tan tio
Give them extra 7 dollars to buy 1 stick of curry fishballs

& I'd decided to send them the SGD$10 cheque since they never mention about having it in HKD
& I dont care!

But back to the testimonial application
I then recalled I do have my Liverpool credit card

Yes
Liverpool
*shows off*

But for the past 4 years
I have never used it before
& sounding very loseric
I donno how it works
If I'd used it to purchase my air tickets every semester
I'd have exchanged hundreds of Liverpool merchandises already
But yes
Stupid me

Then again
If you're wondering that it's normal for students without credit cards
But why HKU insist on own's credit card
This is because
HK banks encourage HK students to apply for credit cards
Luring them with attractive free gifts upon signing up
Waiving off annual fee
& gift exchange with collected cash-to-points scheme
Wow!
& this I must say is a very bad social influence
Coz it encourages students to buy & buy & buy without limits
Accumulating debts & such
Ironically
There're special banks in HK where you can borrow money to repay debts at even much lower interest rates

Do I see a chain cycle?

Newspaper had reported students commiting suicide due to financial problems
Accumulated millions dollars of debts
& jumped coz cant pay back
Then again
Suicidal cases are also very common in HK
Every day at least got 5 suicidal reports on the bitchiest newspapers

Ok
Back from digression
I then think that HKU wanting students to pay using own's credit card is reasonable
Coz I'd seen cases where other people's credit cards are stolen from mailbox
& used it as if it's theirs
(HK very mafan hor? Like alot of case studies...)
So having own's credit card for payment ensures security

But I still find it a chore

Should I use my Liverpool credit card?
I want it to stay virgin leh...
Hmmm...

Mafan

No comments: