Sunday, April 02, 2006

***Beware of massive photo flood with extremely large amount of
words resulting to reduction in loading speed***


I went Kukup!!!
=D
I'm glad Lionel set it over the weekend
Although it was almost spoilt by stupid wallet left in office
But I still went ahead

A group of 8 headed to West of West Malaysia for some fun actions
Me, Ivan, Tisa, Lionel, Andy, Kelvin C, Kelvin P & Seh Chin
I was very excited!

It was a 2-3 hours drive
Self-entertainment was very welcomed




When we reached, it's already time for lunch
& it was sumptous!
Especially when everyone went with empty stomach

Over the meal
Kel P & I were chatting
"I brought fishing rod.."
"Really? I've always wanna go fishing but my friend always forgot to jio me"
"I go with my friend one leh"
"Go where?"
"Sometimes Changi, Punggol, Seletar.."
"Hmm, my friend also go to these places leh"
"We fish from 10pm to 2am"
"Huh, my friend also leh...How come this time so popular ah?"
"We always go at this timing loh..My friend is from the Police Force.."
"My friend also wor"
"He got kid"
"My friend too wor"
"He drives a Honda"
"Wait... Is it a Black Honda Civic Esi with ShadowZ sticker?"
"How you know!?"
"AIYAH! DEAN LAH! MY FRIEND ALSO LOH!!!"

Both burst into laughters

"So that person is you lah?"
"What?"
"He always tell me his friend, a girl, always ask him when go fishing. Very ONZ one, got dive license,
do this do that"


Knn. Small world indeed.

& then we went to rest...


Self-entertainment again!
KTV with a very pathetic small TV & lousy pirated VCDs
Which made us unable to sing coz we'll all go
"Wo yao yi (yi yi yi yi yi yi) shou da fan (fan fan fan fan) zi..." - Stefanie's song
-_-"
Equipped with mahjong accessories I donno do what leh
Coz donno how to play mahjong & dont wanna sing
So I snapped on the bed
*giggles*

I then explored the area
How I love to live next to the sea
*sniff salty air*
Plus the fact that it's rural
It was very very carefree

Kel P then brought out his fishing equipment
Wooohooo~~
& he taught me, Seh Chin & Andy how to fish
& Andy caught his first fish!
*claps claps*

At around late noon
We went for a boat trip to the kelongs
Woooooooooo
My another favourite
But actually, in fact
This whole trip consists all my favourite components because it is so MARINE!

Lionel, Kel P, me & Ivan

The kelong reminded me of my Mariculture field trip in Hong Kong
But the kelong was quite 'abandoned'
Or maybe they didnt really introduced much to us
Other than showing us some big grouper, promfrets, snapper, horseshoe crab, pufferfish & archerfish
But what amazed me most is...
Dried porcupine fishs!

Back to mainland for dinner at 530pm
Abit early
But since everyone had almost used up 70% of their energy playing
We gulped down almost everything

Sunset was perfect when we got back
While we slacked around with Heineken & Tiger, together with Marlboro & Dunhill
The boss came over & told us we'll be having our BBQ at 830pm
Andy exclaimed
"12pm ate lunch, 5pm ate dinner, 830pm eat BBQ?!?! Come Kukup feed 'pig' isit?"

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Mind you
Andy is the 'most horizontal' guy among us
& so we all replied
"The boss knows you very well mahhhh"

Our feast continued
Our night never ended
We went on to play the illegal things that Singapore forbids
EXPLOSIVES!


*click video see*


It was already 1230am when we finished the whole load of explosives
& most of them were tired
& they went to bed early
Leaving me & Kel P alone under the dark sky full of beautiful blue stars
To fish

My virgin overnight fishing

We fished from high tide to low tide
About 4 hours
& we caught 2 bottom dwellers!
An unidentified fish (someone please help me identify)
& a catfish
The catfish was damn big loh!
Kel P's rod almost snapped
& I had to help him hold the rod while he pulled the line up

That unidentified vertebrate puzzled me & Kel P
Alot of assumptions were made in order to identify
It has spines at its dorsal & pectoral fins - catfish family?
It has barbels - same as above
It has extra anal fins - cant think of any
It has adipose fins - salmon family?
It has tapetum lucidum - night active fish
It has smooth shiny skin - Placoid scales like sharks? Or no scales like rabbitfish
It secrets mucus - ?????????????????

Since it was ugly
I shall call it the 'Ugly fish' meanwhile I figure out what the hell that alien is

Boy was it fun!
The thrill of expecting the unexpected outta the unseeable depth is way COOL!
It was glad to have someone who likes fishes
So conversations wasnt dry over the hours
& I learnt alot about fishing from Kel P
=)

Amitabha to the innocents
We removed the possibly venomous spines
& kept the bodies to show Andy we caught BIG fishes
In comparison to his tiny fish
As he kept teasing us 'fools' staying awake in absence of nicotine
(Ran out of those coz we over-puffed without realization)

At 5+am
I buay tahan
I concussed as soon as I landed on the queen-sized mattress

Kel P woke me up at 8am
To have breakfast
*rubs eyes, stretched body*

Day break was also very nice!
The egrets from Pulau Kukup RAMSAR flew over to feed
& mudskippers crawled out of their burrows

Last minute shopping for local delights
Bought alot of keropoks!
=D
& we left for lunch at a country club
& highlight of the dishes
BLACK PEPPER CRAB!
Finger-licking good SHIOK!

Andy, Lionel, me & Seh Chin
Our trip included our last destination to ANY shopping mall for a short shopping spree
& we went to Jusco
Somewhere near Pasir Gudang, or whereever
VERY BIGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
Size of 3 Suntec(s)!
Best part?
They have its very own ROXY shop!!
Wooohooo~

Totally shagged out
Slight traffic jam at Malaysia custom
But major human jam at SG custom
Coz someone had a fight with the police
& everyone was told not to leave the place
Even the drug-sniffing German Shepherd was on duty

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...
The sight of SG never looks good to me on Sunday
Coz Monday needa work
SHUCKS
But anyway
I like Kukup!
& It's really fun
If you're into marine activities or interests

Best of all
It's with a group of good friends who can play together
*thumbs up*
BRAVO!

No comments: