Thursday, November 06, 2008

Weird

For the first time since donno-when
I have flies hovering above a bowl of fried rice during dinner
& it was so irritating that I had to sweep my hand to chase it away every few minutes

& then ants started hunting on a clear table

& some flying insects flying around my head & my table light source

Heh?

I know I can explain that
I'm studying on pheromones of invertebrates
So there must be a certain chemical release from somewhere that attracts them

Could my bowl of fried rice smells of its kind of the opposite sex, eager to mate?
Or smells like an ideal place for oviposition?

O_o

Now
I have a fly flying in front of me
Argh!
DarDar said it's the same fly during dinner
& I wondered how he knows

So I asked the fly
"If you're DarDar's friend, fly to his belly"
No reaction

I didnt ask him to fly towards me
But then it landed on his shoulder later

"Maybe it's Skippy" (our dead chinchilla)

In such situation
Attraction of insects towards human is almost impossible
That's unless you smell like its kind
Or it is something supernatural

Whatever it is
Drosophilla spp. is just irritating

No comments: