Thursday, April 03, 2008

I have a very interesting cab trip this evening
& I like it alot

Mr A Teo picked me up at Changi Village
& striked a conversation with me
Asking me about where I had been, what I did at Ubin, blah blah blah

So I told him I'm doing a research on the marine snails
& he got excited too!

He said he wanted to do marine biology when he was young
Which was like 30 years ago
He told me about how Singapore looked like when he was in Secondary school
Where the water at the Southern Islands was as clear as that in Tioman

WOW!!!

I believed that
Coz everywhere has its pristine look before development starts

He said he snorkels and spear-fish very often
All the rabbitfish apparently swims past him
But he's disappointed about the environment now
With all the reclamation going on
Singapore water doesnt look good anymore

He said that Jean-Michel Cousteau is his idol
& he still loves watching National Geographic nowadays

This is really interesting
Given any people nowadays
Their passion for marine only sparks when they realised that the harm is doing huge to the environment
But Mr Teo's passion was there since long~~~~
I am very impressed with his love of marine too
Since he was 13+ till now (which I guess is roughly 40+)

& it feels so cool to meet a stranger who shares the same love with you
Geez I wish he's my personal chauffeur

I wrote in to Comfort complimenting his service
Which is really good too
But most of all
I just wanna let him know that he makes my day after a very tiring trip
& that Comfort should acknowledge his good job

He's the first cab driver who left me a very deep impression
I'm really very happy to know him
=)

No comments: