Wednesday, February 21, 2007

The dive accident
Shocked me
The first question that came to my mind was
"Where was the dive instructor?"

It was said that the poor guy was having his open water course at Pulau Hantu
He went missing at his third dives
Cause of death given: Empty tank that forbid him to float

I went Pulau Hantu last year
It was really murky
Chay Hoon & I stuck to each other with our dear life
Although Chay Hoon has lotsa Hantu dive experience
I guess it's still as dangerous as it is even whoever thousand has dives

But
How can the cause of death be 'empty tank'?
Shouldnt the dive instructor be aware and prepare of all equipments before going down?
Why the floating issue when air tank's main purpose is not even to float?

The whole newspaper article kept repeating that the guy went missing
Couldnt resurface
& body was found by a public member

Points to ponder
- What was the dive instructor doing?
- Why didnt he search for the lost boy?
- Why didnt anyone report bt the missing boy on the same day to the police & only made known to the whole Singapore 4 days later?
- Where was the dive instructor?
- How can he leave the site and pretended nothing happened?

I was very disappointed with the dive instructor
I hope it's not someone I know
Seriously

I feel sad that it happened on New Year's Eve
When everyone is feeling warm having reunion meal together
This particular family lost their son
Who has a strong determination and will in achieving his aim
Which is to be a Dive Instructor

Diving
Although it looks easy
& happy to enjoy the beautiful underwater envionment
It is not what you think it is if it isnt learnt correctly
Partly being the environmental factor at fault too

Diving doesnt call itself 'Extreme Sport' for nothing

No comments: