Friday, September 09, 2005

Last night
While fetching Pat for supper
She was suddenly in pain
Her recurrence of gastric flu
Before she met us
She claimed she had diahorrea & vomittings several times

Upon seeing her on so much pain
& at the start of the expressway
We sped all the way to clinic
I called Roz to retrieve her medical card before our arrival

When we arrived
Pat couldnt even stand
& Gor had to carry her in
I was there helping out with Alice & Dr Lee-Oh

Buscopan
Famotidine
MMT
Dimenate
The same medicine given over & over again

Fairy God-Lao-Er came as well
I donno why
But I was very worried for Pat
First time seeing her in so much pain

Dr Lee-Oh gave her on drip
She felt better after that
But the pain recurred 5 mins after she stopped
& She was sent to A&E NUH

Fairy God-Lao-Er led the way
& Gor was driving pretty impatiently
Abit reckless too
But I kept calming him to go slow
Coz Pat was lying horizontally on the backseat
& it'll be damn dangerous if he required an E-brake suddenly

When we reached NUH
I rushed in to help her register
While Gor & Fairy God-Lao-Er help her with her needs
Pat was in so much pain
& She still wanna talk on the phone, doing all the SMS
I really wish I could smack her to let her rest for the moment
& I meant all these for her own good

Luckily Fairy God-Lao-Er was a medic
He knew how the procedures should go
& he was then the one calming BOTH of us down
"Xiao mei, relax..."

Frankly speaking
My hands were shivering when I was there
Of coz I'd expect speedy responses from the hopsital crew
But all are slow
Probably coz it's after mid-night that everyone is sleepy?
Or is this the normal way they should behave so as to ease the frantic situation?

Soon after
Pat was attended
Gor was so worried that he paced up & down the lobby
While Fairy God-Lao-Er & I were discussing about medical stuffs
How professional!
Medic vs Clinic assistant (aka super low rank nurse)

Pat's Mum arrived
I brought her into the room
She looked so worried
I told her what happened
& was there accompanying her throughout
I could feel her shaking as much as I did

I was even more worried then
Pat's Mum looked weak
& I'm afraid she'll fall sick while staying overnight with Pat
I wanted to stay
But she asked us to go home
She thanked us plenty of times for bringing Pat in
& I reminded her to 'take care' plenty of times before I left at 2am

I was really worried

I couldnt sleep that good after I reached home

It was really some sort of an emergency experience
Now she has to be hospitalize for a day or so for observation

Get Well Soon Babe

No comments: