Sunday, September 07, 2008

Last day of the symposium
The meeting ended in the afternoon
& we had a day out at the rocky shore
& also the Celtic village at Pontevedra

Getting nearer to the Atlantic Ocean... ^^


THERE!

The Atlantic species - Littorina saxatilis (rough-banded morhph)
Their snails are so big loh!
No wonder can see their penis!

Waves are so strong!
Amazing!

I touched & tasted water from Atlantic Ocean!!!
Cooling & less salty than Singapore water

I caught Petri trying to catch me!Ah hah!
Dr Emilio with Rose
Johan & I


Beautiful, isnt it?
I wish I can stay here...
Why wasnt I born as a Spanish?

We then headed down to the Celtic Village
While on our way
We stopped to take picture with the Littorina statue
Oui
Who made this statue in the first place?
& on it, it craved
'Littorinids find out this islands are all treasures' (as translated from Spanish)
Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Me & Mark Davies =)
Nice view from the cliff

Just another 20 minutes ride
We came to the Celtic Village





& you know what's the most amazing thing there?
Just across the river
It is Portugal!!
WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Megan, Inez, Rose & Me
Continue walking up the hill
Nicer view =D




Tell me how not to love this place?

I kept taking photos till I got dispersed from the group
But it was OK
No one can run away too far from the hill anyway

Sunset next to Atlantic Ocean
Best moment ever
It's so beautiful!

After the tired walk
We had our dinner at the restuarant
& WOW!!!
BIG DISH OF COLD SEAFOOD APPETIZER INCLUSIVE OF LOBSTER, MUSSELS, GOOSENECK BARNACLES,2 DIFFERENET SPECIES OF CRAB ROES, PRAWNS & ANOTHER SPECIES OF CRAB

WONDERFUL!!!!
Everyone was enjoying especially Prof
She kept saying 'It's so nice!'
Which indeed is very very nice
& we ate barnacles!
However, most of us are too full for our main course

We had a great dinner, trip & symposium
Thanks to Dr Emilio & his students
Really appreciate their nice accommodation
& their effort to organise such a nice trip

When it was coming to the end
I almost teared
Just got to know new friends & enjoying ourselves
& we have to leave... =(

But I'm glad to have come in the first place

No comments: