Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Today
I call it the 'Horlan Taxi driver Day'

-_-

Early morning head to Ubin with Brenda
The cab uncle was happily driving & we were happily sleeping
When I opened my eyes
The taxi uncle just missed the TPE entrance at Tampines
& I said 'Uncle, Changi Village leh..'
Then the Uncle replied:"Oh..Changi Village ah? I thought it is the ferry terminal at Tanah Merah'

Errr.... I bet there is a very huge difference between this 2 ferry terminals
I can forgive him if he said we meant Changi Ferry Terminal instead of Changi POINT Ferry Terminal

Anyway, we went a big round around Changi Airport
& Uncle was so niao to only refund me $1 out of the total $36.80 trip
Bleah

The sky was kinda grey when I reached CJ
Drizzled abit
But I think it wont be that bad as previous days
& indeed
Sunny & windy after that
Perfect for my experiment

Not delaying anymore
I laid my transects

Several guided tours came for the low tide walks
& once again
I was also the 'monkey' of the day for the 100 guests
Until a small group of people came in front of my rock
& shouted "We are from China, can we do an interview with you?"
O_o
Ok loh

I quickly messaged Prof to notify her
& even asked her what is the chinese name for Echinolittorinds
Both of us have no clue
So I just came up with a name for it - 小螺

LOL!!

The crew came over to my rock
& interviewed me
Wanted to have a short talk about myself, my project & my passion for the environment
Also adding to some public awareness speech to save the environment

Several NGs
But wasnt nervous at all
Just tongue-tied with proper Mandarin conversation
(After the interview I think I could have done better in cantonese)

It was done within half hour
The Nparks staff praised that I spoke very well

O_O!

I dont even think I speak correctly as some of the scientific terms were mind-blocked

I wondered if I could get a clip of it
Or maybe I will see myself on Phoenix Channel
Heehee

This is the first time I'm being known overseas
I've been interviewed several times but by local media firms
One by Channel 8 news
Another is by Cohesion neighbourhood magazine
Now by China Guangxi Television!

On anyway
I did reminded them not to step on my transects
But I think he'd forgotten about it
& I heard some crushed sounds as he jumped around on my rock

I hope tomorrow the E. vidua abundance is still there
& not suffered population decimation over the day
Ha! *fingers-crossed*

Went for a relaxed boardwalk with Brenda after my experiment
Chatted about the nature groups nowadays
We saw 3 wild boars
& Max went to chase them
Haha

Right
Max is my new CJ canine friend =)

So on way home
At Bukit Panjang
The taxi uncle missed the turn to my road
& he turned at the next junction

Ok
Forgiven

Then when he turned in
He stuck at the left lane instead of right
So I quickly told him to go right
He was abit blur
Think he'd even forgotten where my destination is
Since he went a big round (again)
I requested to drop at the opposite block and walked back
Instead of wasting addition 40cents to turn into the carpark

Aiyo
Horlan cab uncle day!
Kana twice!
Suay or not
Wasted my few dollars

ZZZZZZZ

No comments: