Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Alright!
My dive trip updates

The water on the night we headed out was extremely choppy
Even choppier than that I last went in July
All of us almost wanted to puke
In fact, heard someone from the other team puked throughout the journey

After 3 hours land journey + 5 hours of sea journey
We finally reached Atlantis Bay Resort, Pulau Aur at 5am



We went for our 1st dive at Telok Kador
The current was damn strong
That I had immediate vertigo when I descended

Despite the swish-swoosh motion
I still managed to capture a pair of anemonefish, juvenile leopard wrasse & some corals
Alexander's damsel
Juvenile leopard wrasse
This is my first time seeing the leopard wrasse
My FishID book said it's not even supposed to appear in Malaysia!

Also saw a bunch of ruptured sharks' capsules
During safety stop
-_-

Slacking off during surface intervals

Dive #2 at Pulau Lang
Corals look like it had been blasted!
Many many baby blue damsels!
Very nice!A bunch of nudibranch (donno what name though)A blue-spotted grouper got hooked but the line was snappedI tried to remove the hook for it but it just kept swimming away& got tangled around the corals again...

Titan triggerfish at a distance, feeding with a bunch of parrotfish
A school of wide-band fusilier
Blue-spotted stingray & a bridled coral beamAdult leopard wrasse !!
Big pinnate spadefishThe crazy dude doing crazy things during safety stop again...-_-"


Stealing some sleep on speedboat during our 30 minutes surface interval before our 3rd dive


Our 3rd dive at Crocodile's Rock

When we descended
Our very encounter with another spadefish =)
Pregnant map pufferSome nice coralsJuvenile yellowtail damselAlso saw a pair of chromis mating


Me =)
Juvenile Honey-head damselAlive Spider shellAscended for our surface interval, ready for night dive at 8pm


I didnt bring my camera down the water
Coz DM Benson had only 60bar of air in his tank
& since I was his buddy
I need to assure his safety so didnt wanna drag time taking photos
Nonetheless
We saw a sleeping bridled parrotfish
& I was trying to spot its surrounding mucous but to no avail
Then we saw 4 squids attracted to our light & a giant filefish

We came out of the water at 930pm & had our BBQ dinner
Concussed & woke up at 645am for our dive #4 the next day at Rayner's Rock

Kenneth made a very big & funny mistake that made all of us laughed like hell
Coz the surface water at Rayner's Rock was very very rough
& it was splashing over the rock
& Kenneth was shouting 'WHALE! WHALE! WHALE!' while pointing at the exposed top of the rock
All of us thought really got whale & rushed to the left side of the boat preparing to snap photos
But after 20 seconds
DM Benson said 'That's Rayner's Rock lahh!!'
We all laughed like hell...so funny!

Anyway
Morning dives always see alot of beautiful fishes just up for breakfast
Croinoid on a sea-whip
Pair of pink anemonefishAdult Semicircle AngelfishPhyllidPair of adult Six-banded angelfishSoft coralGreen turtle swimming towards me!!





This is the closest encounter with a green turtle
Almost can touch it if I chose to instead of snapping photos
It was just about 1m close! >_<

Our final dive was a Aur House Reef
DM Benson brought some bread & banana (yes, banana) down the water for us to feed the fishes
While we were down
We saw another turtle =D
The reef was very richThe fishes flocked around me when I was snapping them
& they seemed to be like attacking DM Benson while he was only trying to open the plastic bag of bread
& they also tried to attack me as if I was their food
In fact, I was bitten by a Whitestreak monocle beam at my index finger
First time kana bitten by a fish >_<

Meanwhile I tried to take macro shots





Aur's fish eat banana





After playing with the fishes
We went back to the shore
Did a shore exit coz the boat was at Pulau Lang with another group of divers


Washed up & stuffs to return Singapore



It was a pretty good dives
Saw turtle so many times
But I was expecting to see whale shark!
I kept hearing howls & calls underwater
Suspecting it could be whale or something
But I didnt see any shadow above me nor any silhouette at a distance
Kinda disappointed though

Nevermind
I hope I will still get my chance to see it before it goes extinct

Now I'm still scrubbing the stained petroleum on my boardshorts =\
Toilet stinks of turpentine solvent too

Anticipating Tioman dives next month! =)

Updates:
More photos from DM Benson

No comments: