Sunday, May 04, 2008

I donno what's with this weekend
I've been walking & walking & walking until my ass has positively become firm
LOL
Which is actually a good thing

This morning
I joined Prof Lum & my classmates to hike at Bt Timah Nature Reserve

Well actually Prof Lum wanted to show us about Singapore's forest management
So he was very kind enough to bring us at the several trails available
We headed to the South View Path
Almost sprained my left ankle while climbing the steep slope
Coz the rocks on the steps are protruding from the surface
& landing was unstable
But luckily I survived
Butterfly!
Easy-mode hike paths beside existing man-made path
This is not good as it widens the path and pushes the margin inward, shrinking the area

Adult gutta-percha tree
Sap from leaf of gutta-percha tree
The sap produces a rubbery texture, mainly used to produce tooth moulds by dentist

Yound gutta-percha tree, which is only 10 years old!
So small! Imagine how long it will take to grow into that size & how important forest conservation is...

Spotted this rare lizard... donno what name though.. slender-something
A Seraya tree probably got striked by lightning

A sealed path due to landslide
Prof Lum showing us the various trails
Poor undergrowth at certain areas

Ah hah! Home at the other end! My house links to Bt Timah NR =)
Prof Lum brought us to a secret place - a pristine freshwater habitat
SSSSSShhhhhhh.. cannot tell you all where...
See all the fishes happily swimming? It's like heaven! We stayed there for 10 minutes to enjoy
While walking back to Visitor Centre, looking back...Super twisted huge vine
Near the entrance, bold baby macaques feeding just 1m away from me
Outrageous macaques invading residential area for food!HUGE message for everyone


After the 3 hours hike
I was all so sweaty but amazingly I wasnt tired
I even went out shopping with DarDar

DarDar went to cut his hair

& he became Lin Junjie look-alike!
So handsome!!
(LJJ is not handsome but my DarDar is handsome)
I was so shocked coz I didnt expect him to look like him too when I've always thought that his brother looks more alike
I was so smitten with his new look the whole day
Heeheeheeheehee

I had a good day today
Good workout
& good company with DarDar
I'm happy

=D

No comments: