Tuesday, December 04, 2007

I hate to talk about fashion with my girl friends
It's just not something that I would love to talk about
Unless they ask

I am not a make-up person
So all cosmetics are from cheapo brand such as Maybeline, Fasio which cost less than $20
When I saw my friend touching up her powder in the loo
I peered at the brand
What the fuck
Lancome mascara, La neige foundation, MAC eyeshadow?
I kinda felt ashame of my cosmetic collection

I am not really a fashion follower too
I dress simple in tees/blouse & jeans
Followed by either a pair of sporty slippers or vintage sneakers
Until one day my friend said this in her Polo Ralph vintage dress
"I dont buy shoes less than $80"
I was totally HUH?

Maybe to my this friend
Quality corresponds with price
It looks good on her, really
But to me, how much chances will I have to wear that when I'm always going to simple places, like... work, which dont even require me to dress formal

I am not sure
If being this cheapo in this materialistic world today still works for me
Everyone's growing up to look better
Matching better with the fashion society nowadays
I dont think I will survive with plains on my face & in beach wear all the time
As if I am going diving anytime

It's either I be myself or I die behind the rest
What will you choose?

No comments: