Friday, September 28, 2007

I was cut by a USED sharp needle yesterday during my clinic shift
It was small yet deep
& my blood kept flowing out like tapwater
I guess it'd cut my main tiny blood vessel

I went to wash with running water
Squeeze the blood out
& press with alcohol-swap

What the fuck

I could have contacted all sorts of blood-transmitted infectious disease
if that patient has it all
I told Dr Wong
But Dr Wong didnt offer me any blood screening

In my previous company
Whoever got a cut
Even the slightest cut which blood oozes
Blood screening is needed

So feeling a bit curious
I asked my friend
She encouraged me to go for one despite the offer
& so I did this morning

Now I shall wait for my report

Went to dig mussels just now
& brought back some for DarDar's family to eat
His cousin saw the anoxic mud spitting out
He felt disgusted & suggests everyone throw it away
I heard liao I also feel disgusted

Do you know how mussels survive?
They filter-feed
Of coz the mud is in them!
To eat them, soak them in clear water so as to release the mud
After that, can eat liao!

You think what?
Those at tze char one just pluck & cook without cleaning?

Cant stand urban people
Live the primitive way for a change!
*rolls eyes*

Went BBQ with Michelle & friends at Kranji just now
Had the mussels for the meal
His friends went to catch flower crab & prawn
& it was soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo sweet & delicious!

I love the butter prawn most
It's buttery-salty but the prawn is sweet

But
Being an environmentalist always have issues regarding this
Overfishing, overharvesting & all sorts of things to profit us
I keep telling her later take out all the prawns how?

Like right now I'm helping my friend in her farm
We are to make fish food for her fishes
We had prawns, roes, fish, squid, mussles, clams, kelp all mixed to produced a 400ml of feed
Imagine we can eat the ingredients for ourselves
I told her some real-life stories of how tuna mariculture is being done
& other facts bt fisheries too

Oh well...

Hey
I forgot to mention
Just now DarDar went fishing at kranji
He caught a sea snake!
His rubbish rod can catch almost all the weird animals that can be found in the water
Now he's to another fishing sites
I wonder what he will bring home next.....

No comments: