Monday, September 17, 2007

"Hey Dar, shall we go back & take a look at Skippy?"
"Ah? No need lah.. should be fine.."


The night passed and we returned to DarDar's house in the afternoon
Feeling abit weird as there's no sound coming the the 3-storey cage

Usually when we're back
Skippy will greet us at the cage
Scratching the mesh with his paws
Wanting us to carry it out
I looked in
A black patch of 'thing' at the bottom
I slapped the cage
Nothing moved
I took a closer look

My 6th sense was right

Skippy laid dead
Its hind leg was caught between the metal bar
& it looked like his struggle to get out of the bar has failed

I shouted for DarDar who was entering the room
He was shocked
Both of us looked at the dead Skippy

DarDar tried to take Skippy out
But its leg was really stuck
We believed that's how Skippy had met this freak accident

Its body was still soft yet cold
As we stroke on its gentle fur
We were hours late

My tears rolled down
DarDar cried too

Skippy was a handsome unique chap
It came to us when it's 4 months old
It has a chipped ear that makes him look like he's a pirate
But it was only with us for less than a year
At times I told DarDar to spend some time with Skippy
But I guess it's been too late

DarDar wrapped the body
And brought it for cremation

Really sad
Looking at the flames engulfing Skippy
I see that it will probably look the same when I'd stopped breathing

Love you, Skippy
Although you're not mine
But the moments you'd given us was indeed a pleasant joyful one
You'd grown so much within this year
& I love you looking at me with your innocent look

We're sorry to have neglected you
I wish you have a better home up there
Do come back to visit us

You're deeply missed

Love,
Cyn & Kel

No comments: