Tuesday, May 22, 2007

I kinda hate and kinda like my job
In a way
I'm being so damn ironic

Hate it coz it's not what I want
Neither is it the kind of job that I wanna venture further

Like it coz I get to meet people
& learn about new things

This job requires super duper amount of people relation
& we do have a standard format to greet incoming calls

"Good morning. [Whatever] Department. [Whoever] speaking. How may I help you?"


I never use this sentence
It is so beyond ... me
How can you expect an Ah Lian to act demure like that?
Must i flutter my eyelids as I speak face to face?

Although there's an quality service audit this month
As if I care

Today
I recieved a set of documents needed for application, bounced back from Mr E in an external organisation
I looked at the documents & went "DUHZ"

I'd already informed them 1 month ago
They never update one another
Bouncing a set of documents ready to process here & there
Delaying the entire process

I called Mr E (name remains anonymous)
"Hi, this is [me] from [wherever].I recieved my documents being bounced back by YOU. I'd already notified you guys regarding the issue last month. So what am I supposed to do now? To re-do or what?"

Please note that this is my normal way of self-introduction and then I just BAM BAM BAM straight into the topic

Waste time say good morning for what?


Mr E:
"Er... you hold the line..."

1 minute later

Knn. So long.

Mr E:
"Who did you send it to?"

Me:
"Either [whoever] or [whoever]. Cant remember."

Mr E:
"When was it?"


Me:
"Last month"

Mr E:
"Date?"


Me thinks
Kns. Ask your colleague la. Notified means notified mah. Make me flip file check

Me:
"[Whenever]"

Mr E:
"Oh ok."

Me:
"Ok means what?"

Mr E:
"Send back the documents to me"

Me:
"Of course. Sure I need not do anything?"

Mr E:
"No need"

Me:
"Ok bye"


Mr E sounded so dull and so beng-ish when he spoke to me
You delay my application still wanna act fierce?
Think I scare ah?

Ah Beng vs Ah Lian
Zero
One

When I told my colleagues about Mr E
They laughed
& they all agreed he's Ah Beng
Talk to people wanna scold people like that

I felt it's fun!
I'm going to call him more often
I no needa act demure to talk to him even though I donno him
Wahahahahaha

Yeah man
Be myself

Yo yo
How may I help you?
Go & die?
This way please

No comments: