Friday, March 13, 2009

Gastronomic Friday the 13th!

DarDar & I always have the weirdest habit of cooking dishes as introduced on TV
Tonight
We cooked 'Beer-ed crab'

It is a popular dish in one of the seafood restaurants at West Coast (opposite Haw Par Villa)
& the steps & ingredients are easy

We bought 3 huge mud crabs
1 tub of malt sugar (mai ya tang)
3 cans of beer

That's it!

My very own Chef Pang
who looks abit unpleased with me snapping him in his ugly 'Who has been naughty this year?' Woody Woodpecker T-shirt

Stir-fry crabs in garlic
Pour beer in & boil
About 70% cooked, add malt sugar
& then cover with lid to allow steaming
Serve when red

I tell you
This is totally yummy!
The beer taste was in the meat with the sweetness from the malt sugar
In fact I believe I was kinda drunk after 2 pincers
Coz I felt so sleepy after that

We then went to buy durians to ease mouth-itching
Wah
Crab + beer has always been the best combination
Now crab + beer + durian?
Even best-er!
I hope I wont fall sick with fever tomorrow

This dish is so worth it
Although the crabs are abit expensive
BUT
I bet it will still be cheaper than eating in that seafood restaurant

Let's see what is our next dish to try out...

No comments: