Friday, August 03, 2007

I managed to reach home 'early' so I could ask if Mum wanna go Batam shopping on National Day
But then Mum was busy talking on the phone with Aunt
Sounding all so worried & surprised, at the same time

Dad started shouting at her & my Aunt
Non stop

I hate it when my Dad starts shouting
Because it's all nonsense with no filters

Same old issue

I tried to peace him down with examples
& He kept on saying he wont care
& let my Mum settle it all

I asked:"Is this the way you love Mum?"
He kept silent
Then responded:"I'd already told her to stop helping. One day she'll be dragged down"
"So you would wanna see her being dragged down alone by not helping her together?"
He kept silent again
& responded:"This is her family's issue. The [my surname]s should stay away"
"& let the [Mum's surname]s to suffer herself?"

"No... but we cant poke into other people's matter. When people turned around & asked you why do you care, how?"
"Are you afraid? Mum's married to you so you should help. Does that mean that when I'm married to the [DarDar's surname]s I could least care about you?"


Silence
With soft sobs coming from my left
Where Dad's standing at the door,with face pressed on his stretched arm

"Mum, why dont you talk to Uncle first before you transfer any money over? Somehow I believe that Uncle still cares about his daughter. Needless to say he should be grateful to his sister who has been helping his daughter all the while until she couldnt take it anymore. Tell me which asshole doesnt love his daughter & his sister? If no one dares to tell him, I will do it. I dont believe everyone's so heartless...."

Mum thought for a while

"I dont believe that Big Cousin doesnt have the money. He could spend a million decorating his house, keeping 2 arowanas & an ugly Pursian. $4k is not alot"

"YAH LAH, That's what I'm angry about. He's so rich & still must ask us for money"

"Hello... did you say a shit about it? You kept shouting about nothing like this"

"Ok ok... come, gimme your bankbook.. I go transfer the money tomorrow"

"Why? Why are you now giving in to transfer the money? If this is your final decision, why start arguing in the first place? Very fun isit? Everytime I come home you're asleep. Now wanna talk to you guys always argue!"

Silence

"It's getting late... go sleep.. your DarDar is waiting for you"

"Just dont transfer anything till I grab Uncle's phone number... then we'll see how it goes..."

Mum hugged & kissed me
For the 1st time I could remember over the 24 years

No comments: