Saturday, August 11, 2007

DarDar & I quarrelled on the day when Singapore grew one year older
For the first time

& it's all about the car

DarDar kept complaining that I drove very reckless
Donno how to control the car
Donno when to brake
Donno whatever-procedures-you-can-think-of-when-diving

I was damn pissed off

I haven been driving for the past 1 year after I'd gotten my license
& when I do
It's only of a mere 1km distance

Now
Having a car truly to us 24/7
I then get the chance to step on the pedals

DarDar drove most of the time
Outta 10 trips, he drove 8
Of coz I am not able to catch up with my long-lost skills
& there he goes
Confusing me with his way of driving
& scolding me of my way of driving

Why am I not trusted of the way I do things?

Is it really true that men think women cant drive?

I was damn fucking frustrated

On the way to Tampines IKEA
A Mugeno wanted to come out of the exit
Stopping behind the white STOP line

I stopped in front of it at the junction
As there are cars lining up to make the corner turn
The Mugeno horned me

"Knn.. horn what sia.."
"You're blocking her"
"Block what? There's no fucking yellow box! There're cars in front! Is it my fault?"


Oh tell me all my theories I'd learnt are wrong
Tell me all my driving skills are wrong
Tell me everything I do is wrong

I felt inferior again
Fought myself hard not to think of all that had happened since I graduated

It seems to me that since then
I have never been successful in everything I do

Spend so much money
Waste so much time
Succeeded nothing

& further pops a question from the penile homosapiens
'I wonder how you got your driving license'

yah
& I wondered how you could NOT get your license at one go

I did

& when I dont drive
I read the map
He dont understand my directions
& can question
"You know how to read map or not?"

I feel like slapping him with the Street Directory
I got A1 for my Geography
People call me 'Human GPS'
& again
I'm not trusted

So even if we get lost
There's always a way

Yesterday we went to Toa Payoh
Both of us had no idea about that neighbourhood
Missed the junction
Made 3 U-turns before reaching

I told him there's no need to U-turn
Coz in front got a cut-through route to the destination
& you think he cares?

Another U-turn

Whatever

Both of us were very sad after the quarel
I asked him one question on the bed
"Dont you feel happier if we're still riding on the bus?"

He broke down to cry

No comments: