Saturday, October 25, 2008

***Notice: The following blog entry has no intentional racial discrimination. All accounted was a factual encounter***

The bus was left with some seats when I board
I sat beside a Malay guy who was busy reading The Newpaper
DarDar sat in front of me

I switched on my NDS to play as soon as my ass landed
DarDar switched on his iPod too

I was totally engrossed with the game as I was trying very hard to pass the stage

After several stops with no idea where
There came an Indian lady standing next to me
I did not notice her properly
I could smell her
But I didnt even bother to look at her

The bus journey was rather smooth
Only with a few minor jerks impossible to create huge inertia for a person to flung off

The Indian lady had an Indian friend
She was saying something in Tamil
In which she mentioned about 'so inconsiderate'...'What if fall down how?'
I heard those
& I secretly glanced to my right

Her tummy looks bulged
'Is she pregnant? or is she just fat?' I wondered

I aint that sort of people who purposely die die also wanna sit on any public transport
But of coz if there's a seat
Normal people's reflex action will be to sit till end of the journey

The Indian friend said something again
This time saying something like 'take photos & post..'

I switched off my game
Looked up at her
Still did not look at her tummy for double confirmation of pregnancy
& gave up my seat for her

Her Indian friend looked at me in shock
& shook her head implying 'yes, thank you' (they always like to confuse people)
& the 'pregnant' Indian lady just sat without saying 'Thank you'

First of all
I wasnt trying to purposely hog the bloody damn seat

Secondly
I wasnt aware of her existence as a pregnant(?)lady

Thirdly
I just dont wanna be STOMP-ed for any untrue incident that was encountered

Now
My point of view
No 'Thank you' when a seat is offered
Does that mean that you're guilty of meaning what you're supposed to mean?
That I overheard what you spoke in Tamil?
& taking photos of me playing my NDS and not offering my seat?
After sitting down, no more chit-chat for the rest of the journey?
Why?
Embarrassed to sit at my seat while I sat on DarDar's lap in front of you?

It's OK
I did what I'm supposed to do as a considerate person

But hey
Dont make it sound like it's MY fault for not offering you seat

Look
There are roughly 50 seats in the bus
The special seats are situated at the front cabin of the bendy bus
You chose to head to the back cabin
& those people who's sitting opposite, behind, in front (or simply around) me DID NOT EVEN BOTHER at all
So I should not be the 'victim' to be STOMP-ed if you were to do so
I'm the ONLY CONSIDERATE ONE who offered you the seat!

This has definitely not due to any racial discrimination of not offering seats
It's just due to complete unawareness of an innocent me who is just trying to win the game that she'd failed for months

To others who always like to sleep on bus or pretend to sleep on bus when they see pregnant lady on board
This is a very good chance to be famous for a day
To be STOMP-ed by idiotic people who wanna earn credits & win the $50 KFC vouchers by taking photos of minor chicken-feet incidents

A reminder to those who doesn't want to appear in the media,then
YOU CAN ALWAYS SLEEP WHEN YOU'RE DEAD!

No comments: