Thursday, July 24, 2008

I stayed overnight at Pulau Ubin yesterday
So long never camp liao
If it's not for my research
I guess I would still be hesitating about it while DarDar kept saying I'm breaking the promise to let him fish overnight

Bleah

Anyway
Tuesday brought all the camping items to P. Ubin
Damn heavy
& then I headed up to CJ
& at mid-way
We encountered a fallen rubber tree that blocked the path entirely
Luckily it fell at night
Imagine it falls during the day with visitors to CJ
So my chaffeur called Nparks to clear the tree
As Nparks is doing maintence work on the mud trail to Jalan Mamam
We cant proceed from the other side either!
& to get me to CJ on time at low tide
Nparks got Sunny to fetch me on his motorbike!

What an exciting trip early in the morning at 7am!
Sunny's eyes werent that sunny still
Dazing in his broken dreams

The moment I reached CJ
The sun was bright & shiny
"Happy day!" I said to Max
& when I was eating my nasi lemak breakfast
The sky suddenly turned dark
Real dark as if someone switched off Mom's (i.e Mother Nature) light
I whined to Max in fear, who is just aiming at my fried chicken drumstick

The first scene that comes to my mind
'The Happening'
You know that feeling...
Very hard to explain but I guess you all should know
Coz I've been telling everyone that I'm afraid of sudden downpour, sudden gale, sudden splashing waves, sudden this sudden that
The helplessness to react accordingly without knowing what it is
& now! Sudden darkness!

I went over to House No 1 to look look
The whole of Singapore mainland cant be seen
The rain had engulfed the land
& now it looked like I'm stranded nowhere

Right.
Too much of wild imagination

But anyway
Since CJ is pouring
& I couldnt head down shore for my studies
I played my NDS until I almost wanna fall asleep

DarDar was fishing at the jetty while waiting for me
He said he was also scared of the sudden approach of storm
~o~

I took the Nparks vehicle down to the jetty since I have nothing to do at CJ
& joined DarDar

Luckily the weather turned better
Sun was still playing hide-&-seek
But at least rain had subsided

Caught a baby grouper which I then released

Amazing floating oil rig to shipyard(?) under the still grey sky
Fished at the jetty until evening while waiting for Jeremy & Sunny to knock off
& then continued to fish overnight
Wanted to go somewhere else but then guess everyone was lazy
I almost caught 3 flower crabs!!
Damn they're clever
Else they'll be on my BBQ tray

Here's Mantis from KungFu Panda
Until 11pm
I buay tahan liao
& DarDar set up the tent for me to concuss

The night was soooooooooooooo cold!
My feet were frozen that I had to wrap them with my extra Tee
& the floor was freezing too!
Kept waking up every few hours until it was 630am

Great
Good sunny day
Damn sunny I was almost scorched

WEIRD WEATHER!

Max & Cookie came down to the shore with me
But not for long as usual

Quickly done with my data & so
I headed home straight coz poor DarDar lied to me he slept but he didnt!
Aiya
I know him one
This kinda die-die-also-must-fish pattern

Anyway
I'm joining DarDar in concussion now
Damn bloody rain spoilt my plan
Now I have to go back Ubin tomorrow for my last set of data collection

Initially planned to head JB tonight so we can sleep till Friday noon without his Grandpa jio-ing us out early in the morning for breakfast
But now it seems like we cant rest over the weekends!

Mom
I'm giving you 2 choices
One - to rain all you can tomorrow over the whole of Singapore including P. Ubin & P. Tekong
Two - do not rain at all till September after my data collection is done

Tell me your answers tomorrow

**Kana mosquito bites on my arms & thighs. Donno what kinda mosquito sia.Bite liao will swell & harden.When I walked it hurts as if someone pinched you real hard.& early in the morning, your body itches as if the injected toxin has bio-clock.Argh!

No comments: