Sunday, June 22, 2008

I keep having this phrase spinning in my mind lately...

'Everyone's looking for a durian...'
*from one of Westlife's songs*

& hey
THIS IS SO PARTICULARLY TRUE

Since last last week
Where the gale invaded mainland Singapore & tiny Ubin
Durians fell everywhere
& now
every durian tree in Ubin had ripe durians falling onto the ground
Everyone is picking one!
They even head into the deep forest to grab!!

Michelle & I went to explore along Jalan Ubin
& saw a group of men searching for the green thorny fruit
Then one of them, sounding like he's some durian expert
Came & told us
"When the durian ripe, they'll fall onto the ground with a thud"

I (-_-"""""""") for 5 seconds

Tell me which object will NOT produce sound upon impact from great height

Saya tak boleh orang ini

Although it's fun yet kinda hassle to search for a durian
I would rather buy one straight from market
No mosquito bites
No snake encounters
No risk of durians falling onto heads instead of basket

I dont think this durian-picking wave will halt soon
Not as long as the durian season is open

No comments: