Saturday, November 04, 2006

See
What have I told?
Fish will extinct 42 years later

I believe overfishing is taking place worldwide
Despite facts that fishing regulations had been revised every year for every nations
The latest alternative to replenish humans' need for fish was this deep sea Orange Roughy Hoplostethus atlanticus

Geez
When there's nothing at the surface,
at the pelagic,
We're digging the abyssal
Soon
We'll be digging the bottom

I wrote a letter to the Hong Kong Govt regarding their revision of fishing regulations in 2004
A damn bloody long letter that consists of 3 pages
Only to be acknowledged by a sentence
"Thank you for your considerable inputs."

...............

& I wonder how fishing is now in HK

Fish is not the only vulnerable animals
Crusteaceans, mammals & you-name-it are vulnerable
Just that I wonder why not us, Human

Yah yah
Pollution is killing us
But who causes pollution?

The paper said:
"Scientific researches found out that fish consumption enhances brain cells for higher neurocellular activities, making one smarter but it had not make one smart enough to realise the real problem of overfishing."

Very true

I'm just so sad to say aquaculture is not gonna make things better
Although it can be an alternative source of fish, just like rearing poultry
Coz you need about 11kg of trash fishs to make marine feed to yield only 1kg of tunas
Why not eat these 11kg of trash fish?

AVA mentioned that they have an aquaculture farm in St John's Island
But I have never heard about them providing the fish back to mainland for fish supplies
Where are these fishes?

Release into the sea to increase a new gene pool?
Mixing exotic species to produce hybrid?
How about calling tuna-per?
When the tuna meet grouper....

Development & gradual materialism had obviously changed the lifestyle of everyone
Must we really eat high-quality fish?
Tunas? Salmons? Groupers?
All the breedings for these carnivorous fish will just add on the pressure

I still remembered my first time seeing a Marlin at Langkawi
My 1st time (& last time) tasting Swordfish at Fish & Co
My first time seeing dolphins at Tioman
The magnificant sight of school of barracuda, pomfret, damsels
My first time seeing a mistaken-as-manta-ray Eagle Ray
My first time seeing a pair of Dusky Grouper fighting for territory in front of me
My first time seeing Bumphead Parrotfish at Dayang
My first time encountering Batfish next to me

DAMN!
What am I going to do when there's no fishes?
Diving wont be fun anymore!
If I could dive in the a sea with no fish
Why should I not dive in the swimming pool?
Imagine all the ecology will just die!

No parrotfish to feed on the coral
Excreting to produce sand
No sandbed for benthic fishes
No hiding place for flatsoles
Predatory fishes prey more easily

These cascading effect will just expand
Ecology die
Foodchain die
In the end
Human die

Woooohooooooo

Probably when human die
The animal kingdom will revive

Hey
I remember my secondary school physics teacher - Mr Chua Chye Hock said:
"The Earth is undergoing revolution of Big Bang. Millions of years later the Earth will return to square one & dinosaurs will reappeared."

I think it's about time...

No comments: