Thursday, October 04, 2007

Yesterday was requested to do maintenance check for all the water systems
Total 21 systems
Do until headache
Coz have to collect 3 samples of 5ml water from each system
To test for KH, pH and NO2

For one particular tank
Its NO2 level was 0.5mg/l
The level is indicated by showing how 'pink' the solution is after mixing with reagents
& by stating the result
Boss questioned his doubt

"Show me how you do the test?"
"Like this like that loh"
"Ok.. I just wanna see if it's procedure error or something's wrong with the test kit.. You see, I just tested and it indicated 0.2mg/l"


I looked at his testtube
"Hmm.. it looked like it's between 0.2mg/l & 0.5mg/l"
"Maybe it's the environmental conditions that could have affect the reading. As far as I know, the water had just been changed, so 0.5mg/l is very unlikely..."

I looked at the testtube again
"Eh? Now it looks darker... 0.5mg/l wor"
"Like I said, maybe it's the heat that affect..."
"Maybe loh.. yesterday was quite hot also.. but anyway, the standard level is 0.1mg/l, so it doesnt really matter if it's 0.2mg/l or 0.5mg/l, you still have to do something about it.."


Boss kept quiet
Then his phone rang

I escaped from his inquiries

I thought for a long while
I was very troubled by the readings I had gotten
It seems to me that he didnt believe me at all
Insisted that he's correct

O_o

I told my colleagues
They explained to me & asked me to show Boss the instruction of using the NO2 kit
Instructions say:'Wait for 3 to 5 minutes for results'
I was like "Hey! I'm correct loh!'
Colleague told me just dump that instructions in front of his face
& said that he always insists his way

Oh well
At least for me I know I wasnt wrong
But hard to clarify my 'wrong' due to his insistence

Bleah

Nevermind
Next week I will show him again

No comments: