Monday, March 31, 2008

Koko was smelly
So I cleaned its bedding
It was so excited running about in the metal cage
Climbing everywhere

When I was done
I placed it back into its house

It suddenly collapsed
Lying on the clean sawdust gasping
I could see its heartbeat pounding from the skin of its weak body

I knew it

I looked at him
Calling its name to keep it up

It looked at me
Helpless

I quickly made a cup of concentrated sugar solution
Hoping the short rush of glucose can boost its deprived energy
But it didnt seem to help

I let it laid there to rest
but it keep struggling to get up

I picked it up onto my hand
He was so weak
So light
He collapsed on my palm again
& this time
The gasps seemed to be slower

He was dying on my palm
Right before my eyes

I expected it
Koko is already more than 80 hamster years old
I would say he's a strong old hamster
Having overcome the surgery just 2 weeks ago
He had restored to its healthy stage as if he was young

But probably due to the excitement and thus, over-exhaustion
He was really too weak to recuperate

Now I'm lonely
I'd lost my best friend within that mere minutes

I wonder if I should even change its bedding in the first place

I love you Koko
I miss you

May God bless you
& make friends with Momo, Ham Ham, Baby, Gigi, Didi & many others
Whom had been my rodent pals for the past 13 years

Dont forget me
I wish you happiness

Love
Cyn

************* In memories of Koko *********
Sept 2006 to Mar 2008 5:45pm

No comments: