Wednesday, July 06, 2011

Today
I had a 1.5hr chat with Prof A.T.
I always like talking to him
He is almost my friend!!

Although I only worked with him for 1-2 days
We seem to have know each other for a very long time
This is because both of us like shells!

His love is the abalone
& mine are normal spiral shells
But we discuss shells from the scientific point of views
like the mineral composition, shell formation, etc
& then tell each other's experiences from overseas
Informing each other where this species can be found and so on

The more we talk, the more we get to find out about each other
Like, he loves fishing & i love diving
Then we'll spring into another topic
E.g., can he join me to diving trips so that he can go get shells for collection?

Hahaha

I feel ease chatting with him
There is no authority-threat in our conversations

I felt that this is a very good bonding spark between student & professor
I also like how he'd love to join me in trips in search for shells
Which are just out of passion & fun
Instead of for the main purpose of a research!!

Like how many Prof are like this?

He is soooooooooooo fun, really
& I like talking to him

I hope that I can stay where I am now after graduation
& do collaborations with other Professors who'd like to study topics of our same interest

No comments: